Trash Can Contest Rules
- The school submitting the Grand Prize winning entry will receive $600 and a trophy.
- $200 will be awarded to one entry in each competition category.
- Winners are announced in April.
- Decorate a 30-gallon or larger trash can to be located in a prominent area of the school or community (cafeteria, gymnasium, ball field, library, church, park, etc.).
- Each design must include the No MOre Trash! logo and a litter-prevention message or slogan. Download a black-and-white or two-color No MOre Trash! logo.
- Artistic media choices can include, but are not limited to paint, fabric, glitter, crayon, wax, paper, photos, etc. Use of recycled materials is encouraged.
- No entry fee is required. Only entries submitted by Missouri schools, including home schools will be accepted. Schools may submit one entry in each competition category. The competition categories are grades K-2, 3-5 and 6-8.
- Entries will consist of a completed entry form and up to three photographs of the decorated trash can (photos must be in-focus, provide clear images of the project, and one should include participants).
- Entries must be submitted online using the Entry Form by March 17, 2017. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.